Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pachaug Trail

Connecticut Walk Book East, 19th Edition

Pachaug Trail: Beach Pond Route 165 (RI) Parking Area to Beach Pond Boat Launch (CT)

I did this from North to South, starting at the Beach Pond Boat Launch, which offers some really pretty views of the pond.  I lost the trail when it veered away from the pond because I was so enamored with the view.

Somewhere between a mile or a mile and a half in to the walk there are some precipices that got my adrenaline going... I tried not to look down.  On the way back, I lost the trail right around this same area, which was a little nerve-wracking as I had walked a long way at this point and knew that I was near the end.

I ended up walking approximately 7.5 miles, all said and done.  It took me about 4 hours.

There was some really lovely scenery and some surprising challenges.  I found this walk to be a good workout, and a great escape.  There were many streams to cross, several of which required some rock-hopping.  The dog, of course, loved these opportunities to cool off and grab a drink.

More Info:

Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails, Connecticut Forest & Park Association

Wikipedia: Blue-Blazed Trails


 Marley on the move

 Beach Pond

Mailbox in the woods!



View Walk Around in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment